JCMwave offers a complete suite of packages for many simulation tasks in optics and microwave technologies requiring the solution of time-harmonic Maxwell's equations. It consists of the three main modules JCMharmony, JCMmode, JCMresonance, covering all main simulation challenges plus a number of specialized modules for specific tasks. Depending on the simulation target, these modules can be obtained via predefined packages or can be combined individually.
- Vectorial finite elements of polynomial order 1 - 9.
- Rigorous solver for 2D and 3D.
- Adaptive grid refinement relying on residual-based error estimation.
- Rigorous treatment of periodic boundaries and of transparent boundaries.
- Automatic, adaptive parameter settings for transparent boundaries.
- Complex and anisotropic material permittivity and permeability tensors implemented.
- Matlab-, Python, C-Interfacing.
- Various post-processes for field-exports (e.g., cartesian and simplex based grids), field transformations (e.g., Poynting vector evaluation) and functional evaluations (e.g., Fourier transformation) on the solution fields.
- Tutorial and parameter reference in both pdf and html format.